Friday, June 05, 2009

FantaSci-tastic!

I am hurriedly packing new prints, ironing tablecloths, checking my list and getting ready to run errands, so this is just a quick note in the middle of a very, very busy day to let you know that I and my maps will be at FantaSci tomorrow at the Chesapeake Central Library.

This event, when it was held at the Hampton Convention Center in 2007, was my first event ever, and I am excited to be a part of it again this year. I am also delighted that it is returning to the library, where it originated, and free and open to the public this year.

I'll have lots of maps there, including prints of The Land of a Thousand Rainbows:


and Rascal's Island Treasure Map:


and many, many more prints and originals. If you're in the area, please stop by and say hello!

FantaSci_Art046
Me at my first FantaSci.

1 comment:

Venus Writes said...

Hi Alison,

I'm reading a book called "The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet" and thought of you (it's about a 12 year-old cartographer). Here's the website for the book:

http://www.tsspivet.com/

Safe and happy travels to you!
Shannon